Thursday, December 22, 2011

2 weeks vacay at home = 12 days too long


I'm bored, but cute!
My kids' last day of school before Christmas was last Friday, December 16.  They don't go back to school until January 2.  Luckily for me, that means that we are almost halfway through. I love my children, don't get me wrong, but what the heck are we supposed to do all day for 2 weeks?  To make matters worse this week it has been raining.  We have made cookies, gone to the park (before it started raining), and gone shopping for last minute presents. Yesterday we went to see the new Chipmunks movie (In case you're wondering, it wasn't that bad.  The Smurfs movie was much worse!).

Today I took them to an art studio for a drop in session.  I am now officially out of ideas.  Please send me all of your suggestions, preferably suggestions that are low cost / no cost. And please don't suggest board games, because I hate them.  I also hate crafts.  I really need to go back to work!  My 13 year old son is especially hard to entertain unless video games are involved. Unfortunately several of his friends that lived in our neighborhood have moved away, so that makes it hard as well.

I have seriously considered letting them open an early Christmas present, but so far have held myself back.  Yesterday presents arrived from my sister and from our next door neighbor, so we spent the afternoon trying to figure out the new Figits and and playing with Barbies.  I keep trying to remember what we did last year during this time, but that was right after I lost my job and I think I have blocked out the entire month of December 2010. It's hard to be happy with your kids at home, when you're worried about how you're going to pay for Christmas presents, your mortgage and your car payment. 

So Christmas, hurry up and get here!  I might have to resort to doing laundry and cleaning out closets! ACK! Someone, please come entertain me!

No comments:

Post a Comment