Tuesday, April 8, 2014

School picture day

As a working mom, I admit that sometimes I would forget about school picture day.  That's why in my son's third grade picture, he is wearing a Mario Brothers t-shirt.  My son is now 16 and could care less about that picture, but I love it, because that is really what he looked like every day. 

Today I had to get my girls, ages 7 and 9, ready for their school pictures.   Olivia demanded at 7pm last night that we go shopping because she had nothing to wear.  Obviously that was not going to happen.  She tried on about 10 outfits before I convinced her on the one pictured below. 

My younger daughter, Sarah, reminded me that I needed a pick a "background".  What?  Yes apparently these pictures came with fake backdrops of a waterfall or a forest.  I hate fake backgrounds.  I mean, who are they fooling?  Did they really take my 2nd and 3rd graders out to the forest to take their picture in front of a waterfall? At least for these pictures I didn't have to prepay.  Sometimes for school pictures, they make you send in money BEFORE the pictures are even taken.  That always irks me.  What if the pictures are bad?  My children are always beautiful, of course, but I hate to shell out $30 for bad pictures. 



 
Here's what they looked like when they left this morning.  This was after Olivia told me how much she hated her hair. Sigh.  Hopefully they pictures will turn out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment