Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wow, that was early

Today I did something that I NEVER did as a working Mom ----- I started Christmas shopping before Black Friday. As a working Mom, I would rush out on my lunch hour, do some quick shopping, and never feel like I could get everything done in time for Christmas. However now as a stay at home Mom, time is finally on my side. For the past 3 years or so, I have been following some great Mommy / Couponing / Deal blogs. My 3 favorites are Dealseekingmom.com, Moneysavingmom.com, and MoolasavingMom.com. This past weekend one of those 3 posted a great deal on some board games at Toys R Us. The only catch was you had to buy them online, but pick them up in the local store. Not really a big deal, but the nearest Toys R Us is 25 miles from my house. Ironically, I used to drive 25 miles each way to work. So today off I went. The place was hoppin! I was surprised at how many other stay at home mom types were wandering around the store. I went over to look at the bikes for my youngest daughter, and was irked to see that NONE of the 16" bikes had prices, bar codes, or prices listed on the shelf. Having worked in retail all my life this really annoyed me. Even after tracking down someone to help me, they couldn't figure out the prices, either. A second person was called over and by that time I was done. Needless to say a bike was not purchased today. But I did get some other good stuff on sale and I felt like I made a decent head start. Without being rushed! On November 8th, no less! Hmm, is it too early to put up the tree?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment